Links from hotspots in graphics to an anchor

This is the place for questions on using Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Sandi Dixon

Links from hotspots in graphics to an anchor

Unread post by Sandi Dixon »

I created a hotspot in an impict picture and entered the anchor information. My project consists of several modules and I compile them as one overall project at runtime. When I compile my project the hotspot link goes to the top of the topic and not the anchor within the topic. Is this normal or am I missing something?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Links from hotspots in graphics to an anchor

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Sandi,

Is the anchor inside a toggle (expanding text block) that is closed when the topic is opened? If it is, you can only jump to it when you are using the skins from the Premium Pack add-on. The standard templates in Help & Manual do not support jumping to locations in closed toggles.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Sandi Dixon

No it is a "standard" anchor marking the heading of a paragraph within the topic. Within the module where I created it I can jump to it. But from the overall compiled chm it doesn't work. When I click on the graphic it goes to the topic, the text very briefly flickers and the topic is displayed - at the top not at the anchor.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Sandi,

I just double-checked this and it worked fine, both with standard templates and with Premium Pack skins. If you are using a Premium Pack skin please make sure that you have the latest version installed, which is currently 1.30. If you are using an older version that may be the cause. You can check the version you have by looking at the title of the Premium Pack chapter in the main Help & Manual help. If it is lower than 1.30 you need to update. You can download the update using the link and password you received by mail when you purchased your PP. If you no longer have these just contact support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @).
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Sandi Dixon

I checked the Premium Pack I have and it is the most current version. I tried to do this same action using a link and got the same result. I think I must be missing something when I am creating the link to the anchor.
I enter the Help file, the target and then the anchor name from the menu and then click OK - if I am making a link. If it is a hotspot in a graphic I do the same steps in the hotspot editor. As I said it works within the topic. Do I need to do something before I compile the entire project as a chm, (in the options menus)?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Sandi,

Please mail me a test setup with two small projects where you are inserting links in this way and I'll check it for. Pack the projects in a zip and mail them to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @).
Regards,

Private support: