Different parts of picture inside same picture

This is the place for questions on using Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

VictorL

Different parts of picture inside same picture

Unread post by VictorL »

Hi!
I began to use this brilliant tool and very glad of it.
One thing I'd like to understand how I could make this ->
begin: I have one picture;
final: inside this original picture I have saying two parts of original picture (see picture below: there was one picture, I cut top edged part and bottom edged part from original one then I mixed these parts in different picture I applied here).
But I don't want to copy selected areas and then paste them in other picture...etc.
Can it be inside one and only picture done or need to make new picture?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Different parts of picture inside same picture

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Victor,

To do this you just need to first make a copy of the "background" so that the original is not destroyed when you make changes:
  1. Open the image, click on the background to select it and press Ctrl+C to copy it. Then press Ctrl+V to paste the copy. If you look in the object list you will see that there is now a second copy.
  2. Use the mask editor to make your paper edge cut version for the first copy (the one that is currently selected)
  3. Then select the other copy in the object list and use the "Bring to front/top" tool in the toolbar to move it to the top if necessary.
  4. Use the mask editor to make the paper edge cut version for that copy and arrange everything as necessery.
  5. Click on the Auto-Resize tool in the toolbar (left of the Zoom tool) to arrange everything neatly.
TIP: While you are working and moving objects around you can always use the Auto-Resize tool to bring everything into view if you move things out of the canvas or need more space. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
VictorL

Unread post by VictorL »

Hi!
Tim, thanks!
Tim Green wrote:While you are working and moving objects around you can always use the Auto-Resize...
I'd like to know if I need cutting some part of picture (saying bottom 1 inch line by the whole picture's width) how I can change picture to size it as new changable dimesions?
As I try to make it less by picture edge mouse drugging this picture is changed its own image (the image becomes the broken one)... (see picture below).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Victor,

There is no simple cropping tool in Impict, that is one of its limitations. See the Impict help for instructions on how to emulate cropping, in this topic:

Step-by-Step Procedures > Tips and Tricks > Cropping Images with Lens Objects

I don't really understand what you are trying to ask here but the blue background is probably the background color of the image, which you will see behind any objects. It is normally set to white. You can change it in File > Properties. When you use the Auto-Resize button the canvas/background is resized so that all the objects touch the borders, but if there is space between the objects you will see the background color.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
VictorL

Unread post by VictorL »

Tim Green wrote:I don't really understand what you are trying to ask...
Tim, I'll try to ask step by step...
1. I cut the part of original image.
2. Now I need this part would be hidden in the original picture (using the cut button - scisors - I couldn't do it).
3. After I deleted this cutting part from original picture I need the new (without cutting part) picture re-sizing.
4. Finally I've got a new picture without cutting part and having new really shape (consedering cutting picture's part NOT in final picture).

How does it do?
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Sorry Victor, I don't have an idea what you mean, either... :cry:
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
VictorL

Unread post by VictorL »

Hi!
Alexander Halser wrote:Sorry Victor, I don't have an idea what you mean, either... :cry:
Thanks for help.
I found it myself.

Let this information occupies your Impict help section :)

What I've done you'll catch me clear:
1. Opened the picture in Impict.
2. Copy some part of it.
3. Delete original picture. the Background became empty (without picture).
4. Pasted a copy part of picture in the empty background.
5. Autosized it.
There's a new picture without before original shape picture.

Sorry but I didn't found this typical operation in Impict help... :wink: