Efficient blurring

This is the place for questions on using Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Gerold Krommer

Efficient blurring

Unread post by Gerold Krommer »

Hi,

I'm currently writing documentation with a lot of screenshots that contain personal and health-related information and I need to blur a lot of small areas per screen.

Probably I'm stupid, but this turns out extremely cumbersome for me. I select the area then need to go -> effects (sorry, using the german version) then select blur, then modify the matrix and then apply. In addition I'm not able to find a matrix that really does only blurring without generating funny colors and it would still be kinda readable.To add injury to insult I found a matrix that applying twiceto the same are gets approx. what I want.

In a previous live I used TechSmith SnagIt, but a) I do not have it any more and b) it is not as well integrated as Impict...

what have I missed???

Thanks,

/Gerold
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Efficient blurring

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Gerold,

I'm afraid that Impict doesn't currently have the ability to store settings for the effects so the process you are describing is still the only way to do it. If you need to blur specific areas in a lot of images you might need to use a different tool for that for the time being... :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dave Gehman

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

Old thread, but I just recently experienced the same issue with blurring and Impict.

I'm experimenting with Fotografix, a free pixel editor that requires minimal resources and runs totally from its .exe (that is, doesn't add anything to the Windows register or otherwise cross-connect with secondary routines).

It has layers. It also has scripting and contains a Blur n keyword where n= blur radius in pixels from 1 to 200 (for most screenshot [96-120 dpi] blurs, 3 or 4 seems to be plenty)

However, the scripting is hand-coded. In other words, you can't record a script (macro), you have to add keywords to a plain text file & store that file in Fotografix's Scripts folder.

You can set H+M to use Fotografix as the Image Editor rather than Impict.

Dave
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

You may be surprised by something new that is coming relatively soon. :wink:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.