Impict Standalone?

This is the place for questions on using Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

mehrenst

Impict Standalone?

Unread post by mehrenst »

Has anyone managed to get Impict running as a standalone :?:

I have H&M and have fallen in love with the ease of image manipulation and layering available in Impict. (I use it all the time even though the last Online Help I did was in RoboHelp.) Now I'm at a new position and doing manuals & user guides (paper based) and just don't want to install the complete Help & Manual product on the system I'm using (at work).

I thought this was discussed sometime ago but can't find anything about it by searching the forums.

Thanks.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Although Impict is a separate program its installation is integral to that of H&M and it can only be installed together with H&M. Also, technically your license does not actually permit you to install the program in two completely separate locations... 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
mehrenst

Unread post by mehrenst »

Tim Green wrote:Although Impict is a separate program its installation is integral to that of H&M and it can only be installed together with H&M. Also, technically your license does not actually permit you to install the program in two completely separate locations... 8)
Tim,
I understand the licensing implications and I would be very happy to promote the companies buying Impict as a standalone. I don't have H&M installed at two different locations since my approach is to move the application with me and then remove it when finished. I find H&M is very nice to do a quick Help system especially for demonstration purposes when a client doesn't really know whether he wants online help or not. Once they are convenced then they usually want to go with RH since it has been more visible to decision makers. (Yeah, I tell them that its sunsetting.) RH is just a pain in the b*## to move from system to system.

My current need is for a How-to Guide (printed) and its just a lot quicker to do the screen sizing and callouts in Impict than to screw around with Photoshop. Besides, I don't use Photoshop that much to be a real guru at using it.