Cannot find Hotspot icon in Object toolbar

This is the place for questions on using Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ashoka Maurya

Cannot find Hotspot icon in Object toolbar

Unread post by Ashoka Maurya »

Hello,

I have installed H&M 4.1.0 build 853. Now the thing is that I cannot find Hotspot Icon in Objects toolbar in Impicit. Could you please help me get it back. It's urgent. Please see the attached image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards
Ashoka Maurya
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ashoka,

Actually, this isn't urgent at all. Impict is not used to create hotspots in Help & Manual 4 and it has not had a hotspot functionality ever since the program was released. The only problem you are having is that the wrong version of the Impict help was included with the version of H&M you are using -- the descriptions of the old hotspot features of Impict shouldn't be there. If you download and install the latest version of H&M from the EC website the "problem" will go away (in the Impict help):

http://www.ec-software.com/download.htm

In H&M 4 hotspots are added directly in the H&M editor. Just double-click on an image and then select the [Hotspots..] button at the lower right to open the new hotspot editor. This now allows you to add hotspots to any kind of image, you are no longer restricted to .IPP and .SHG images.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.