white in BMP becomes grey in IPP

This is the place for questions on using Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Viro

white in BMP becomes grey in IPP

Unread post by Viro »

Has anyone seen this?
When I create an IPP file and import a BMP (24 bit color) the background of the BMP which is white, becomes a light grey.
Very annoying. This doesn't happen if my BMP picture is surrounded by another color, e.g. a frame of other color around the white area. :roll:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Viro,

I can't reproduce this. I've tried inserting several 24-bit images with white backgrounds in IPP images and the backgrounds always stay white. Is there anything special you're doing?

The only case I know where this can happen is when you reduce the colors of an image in Impict, for example by saving a 24-bit image as a 16-color (4-bit) image. Since you don't have interactive color reduction control in Impict this will sometimes shift important colors, including white backgrounds. It works sometimes, but not others -- it depends on the colors in your images. The only way around this is to use a program with an interactive color reduction function like PaintShop Pro to reduce colors.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.