Can't find cursor symbols

This is the place for questions on using Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

sboehrer

Can't find cursor symbols

Unread post by sboehrer »

In the past, I have simply clicked on the "Insert Cursor Symbol" tool in the Impict tool bar and was taken directly to a directory with many different types of cursors, etc. I seem to have lost my way to that directory. Can anyone tell me where to look?

It is not in my H&M folders (from what I can tell). I am using Windows Professional XP. I also did a search on "*.cur" and nothing comes up.

Thanks for any assistance.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

You were probably using TNT in the past, not Impict. Impict doesn't have a pre-loaded selection of cursor graphics, it can only insert images from .CUR, .ANI and .ICO files.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
sboehrer

Thanks for the fast reply.
I was indeed using Impact and not TNT so that means that I was browsing to some folder with these icons (.cur files, etc.). The icons (about 20-30) were once available to me via a browsing window into my computer whenever I swiped the cursor tool on my graphic. The problem is that I seem to have lost the location of (or somehow deleted) these files. Do you know where they might be residing? or, is there someplace I can download a few simple cursors and the like?
Martin Wynne

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

sboehrer wrote:Do you know where they might be residing?
Hi,

The C:\WINDOWS\CURSORS\ folder is the usual location.

Just use the normal Windows Search function for *.cur files.

Martin.
sboehrer

Thanks Martin, that was it.

I wonder why my *.cur search earlier did not work but whatever, I'm back in business.
Thanks again.