Problem opening .IPP images using H&M free download

This is the place for questions on using Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

JaneBF

Problem opening .IPP images using H&M free download

Unread post by JaneBF »

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a project in H&M4 and have downloaded the evaluation to my computer. I've made some changes to my project (with has .ipp images in it), and am having trouble getting the images to open. I thought I had all my .ipp images in the right place in my files, but I keep getting a "can't find file format" error message when I try to open them.

How do I get them to open (read that, what the heck am I doing wrong??)?

Thanks in advance for your help,

JaneBF
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Jane,

If your images are proper IPP images the message "Can't find file format" is not possible, because H&M can read the IPP format directly. Just to check: Are you sure that you created these images with Impict, the graphics program bundled with H&M? And if you did, is the path to the images set up in Project > Project Properties > Common Properties > Image Folders? H&M only stores the image filename in the project and finds the images by scanning the folders entered here, in the order that they are listed. The first matching image file is then used.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.