Impact and text

This is the place for questions on using Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

John Smith

Impact and text

Unread post by John Smith »

I have a problem - I am adding Text to an impact image.

The text is large, say font size 26.

When editing the text, in the impact edit text box, I centre the text, and impact immediately forces some of the text below the other text in was originally in the same line as.
For example:
What I want - "Put your text here."
What I am getting is -
"Put your
text here"

And when I press the ok button it comes up like that in the image. It matters little if I turn off word wrap.

I know that the words will fit all the way across the page, and I have extended the text box to do so, but nothing works.

In the end I left aligned the text, and manually centred the text box. I was originally hoping to extend the text box to the ends of the image with the text centred exactly in the middle.

Is there another way in impact to centre text without editing it.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Text in Impict (not Impact...) is enclosed by its bounding frame, not by the picture. To change the way the text wraps just resize the frame by dragging on its resize handles (there are 8 of them) or enter new Height and Width values in the Resize Tool.

There are actually a few bugs in the current version of Impict -- a new version with a brand-new and much more comprehensive help written by yours truly will be coming out in a couple of weeks. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
John Smith

Unread post by John Smith »

It makes an impact on me :)

Thanks Tim

Will wait till then - did try resizing, but did not help. I can fit the text across the page if left aligned. If I centred the text it pushes it below, and then any resize makes no difference as Impict has placed a end line symbol in the text to force it below. It makes no difference if I delete the end line symbol, it just reinserts it.

Glossary: End line symbol = Have no idea of the right terminology, basically just press enter when in MS Word
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

That's why I mentioned the bugs in the current version of Impict -- since I've been working with newer beta-increments for the new help over the last couple of weeks I was no longer quite sure which problems were still in the circulating version. The problem with text alignment is clearly one of them. It is known and has been fixed and the new version will be out in a couple of weeks -- as soon as I get the 45,000-word help proofread and finish the index 8)

Until then either try to get by with left-aligned text or use separate text objects for each line. I know this would be extremely annoying for large amounts of text but help is on the way... :shock:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.