Callout with Red "Fill Color" disappears

This is the place for questions on using Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Malcolm Jacobson

Callout with Red "Fill Color" disappears

Unread post by Malcolm Jacobson »

Hi,

I am trying to add Callouts to a PNG file in Impict 2.40 (saved as an IPP file).

Everything works fine until I change the Fill Color to Red. At this point the Callout becomes invisible. I can select it in the Object List, and it is indicated by a bounding box, but I cannot select it to edit it.

Any other color works as a Fill Color, except for Red.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Cheers,

Malcolm.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Malcolm,

This is a bug in the new version of Impict, probably associated with the XML text output for text boxes, thanks for reporting it. What is happening that any value in the red channel combined with zero in the other two channels is making the callout invisible. I've reported this to the developers and it will be fixed asap. You can work around it as follows:
  1. Double-click exactly on the bounding box of the callout to select it (the resize handles are easiest to hit).
  2. Instead of entering pure red define a custom color with 255 red, 1 green and 1 blue. The difference will be imperceptible and then it will work.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Malcolm Jacobson

Unread post by Malcolm Jacobson »

Tim Green wrote:
  1. Instead of entering pure red define a custom color with 255 red, 1 green and 1 blue. The difference will be imperceptible and then it will work.
Thanks Tim, that works.

You must work a long day! :)

Cheers,

Malcolm.