Change of font size

This is the place for questions on using Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

CindyC

Change of font size

Unread post by CindyC »

I am creating "tips" in Impict to import into my help guide. The tips include a small picture with words on the right. When I import the impict file, it looks fine on the screen but when I print the pdf file the words in the Impict pictures are in a much smaller font. If I increase the font size in Impict, it doesn't look right online.

Suggestions?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

This is odd. Are you including the graphics in your project as Impict .IPP images? If so the problem may be with the printer driver you are using for your PDF output in H&M. See Tools / Customize / PDF Export and see if you get the same problem using a different printer driver.

If you have the full version of Acrobat installed the Acrobat PDFWriter or Acrobat Distiller drivers are ideal. If they are not available you don't actually have to use a driver for a printer that is physically connected to your system; you can install any standard printer driver from the Windows CD.

If this doesn't work you can try saving as .BMP in Impict and importing the .BMP version to your project. This will automatically convert the fonts to graphics, eliminating any printer driver problems.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.