auto adjust image size also to top and left margin

This is the place for questions on using Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

joris pauwels

auto adjust image size also to top and left margin

Unread post by joris pauwels »

Hi,

Can anyone tell me (Tim?!? :-) how to make impict to auto adjust the size of a *.ipp picture but not only to the bottom and right margins.

when I update/replace existing screenshots which where provided with callouts, pionters, arrows ect... I often have lots of work rearranging the way these callouts ect. are positioned.
This is because the auto adjusting of the size of an image only applies to the bottom and right margin. This makes that when replacing a screenshot with a newer one, one with more options ect., i have to drag and drop every callout, arrow, ect. in order to make them point to the right field in the replaced screenshot. When impict would be able to also auto adjust and expand the current image to the top and left margin, I would save lots of (wasted) time.

this is maybe a changerequest? if so this is perhaps something for implementing in a future version of impict? I certainly hope so!
Joris Pauwels
www.caryagroup.eu/en
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Joris,

I'm not quite sure I understand the question: When you auto-resize the canvas (background) in Impict none of the objects in the image are moved in relation to one another. The function only adjusts all the borders of the canvas to precisely accommodate the objects.

Tip: You can also move groups of objects together by selecting them as a group with Shift+Click (one after another to add them to the group, then drag together or use the arrow keys).

Does this help? :o
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
joris pauwels

hi Tim

Unread post by joris pauwels »

the problem is when the background screenshot gets replaced with a larger one and I need to insert a new callout which lies above the top canvas border. whith the auto resize function only the under and left margins will expand.

thx anyway :-)
Joris Pauwels
www.caryagroup.eu/en
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Joris,

Instead of "replacing" an existing bitmap first replace the bitmap, then insert the new one and then use auto-resize. Then the canvas will fit around everything.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.