Grouping of elements in Impict

This section is for suggesting features and capabilities that you would like to see in Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

pete

Grouping of elements in Impict

Unread post by pete »

Hi, I used the combination of a ellipse (clear) an arrow, a filled rectangle and a text shape to describe GUI elements for my application. Since I had 7 such elements, there were a total of 28 shape objects in the editor.
I would like to have the possibility to group some objects to a named object.This feature have vector based drawing programs for quite some time. Flatten helps not if I want later to edit the text, drop shadows etc.

A little bit annoying is also that if I copy and paste some objects the copies have the same name. It would be better to make some extension to the name le.g. append the text "copy" to the name tag. So you can distinguish the old objects from the new in the object list.

Another wish is that I can use the object list tool to select more than one object with shift click. If shapes are not filled it is sometimes very hard to hit them exactly.

By the way is there a hot spot where I can drag a not filled shape object? I only managed to move them with the keyboard.

Best Regards

Pete
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Grouping of elements in Impict

Unread post by Tim Green »

Pete,

One trick I sometimes use for this is to create additional IPP images containing both my groups of image objects and flattened versions for use in images I am working on. Then I can edit the individual components later if I want and it's also easier to manipulate the objects in the working images. Not perfect, I know, but it does help...
pete wrote:By the way is there a hot spot where I can drag a not filled shape object? I only managed to move them with the keyboard.
No, selecting them in the object list and then using the keyboard is really the only way to get at them... :? 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ashoka Maurya

I too feel the need of grouping of objects

Unread post by Ashoka Maurya »

Hi,
I have been using the trick that Tim has suggested. Yet, like Pete, I too feel that grouping of objects would facilitate working :!: .
Regards
Ashoka Maurya
Alexander Hompe

Unread post by Alexander Hompe »

Hi EC Software Team,

I know there is no focus on Impict yet, but I want you to know, that grouping of elements would really be a fine feature in a future version.

I often work with lens objects, so flatten to one image is no solution.

If grouping is not possible, a possibility to select all forms within a mouse-spanned rectangle would be better than nothing.

Thank you for listening. Best regards,
Alex
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Help & Manual 6 Professional Edition
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit