List of Items

This section is for suggesting features and capabilities that you would like to see in Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Cannot turn off browse buttons for WinHelp unless I do so in the compiler. Check box is grayed out in H&M.
It's grayed out for the main window only, the check box is available for secondary window. The browse buttons for the main help window are actuallly a different setting: in Project|Properties > Common > Browse Sequences turn off the option to automatically create a browse list for all topics. I know this is somewhat irritating but this is the way it works in Winhelp files. Help & Manual just duplicates this behaviour.
Compiled WinHelp produces a hm file with the constants and ID numbers. However, Help file does not find this
Could you explain that again, please? I think I have a clue what you mean but don't want to get into technical details before I know it.
Cannot turn off CNT index tabs unless I delete CNT in the compile directory
Go to Project|Properties > Winhelp > Extended HPJ Settings and enter the following lines:

Code: Select all

[OPTIONS]
CNT=just a dummy line
This does not prevent Help & Manual from creating the CNT file but Winhelp from displaying it :wink:
Dual Mode Compile for HTML-Help and popups in WinHelp does not create the HLP file at all.
Does the message window report that? Or have you just looked at the wrong file (from the statement above I assume that you create both Winhelp and HTML HELP). The name of the .hlp file is determined in Project|Properties > HTML HELP > Popup Topics. The default is <ProjectName>_popup.hlp
Perhaps an option to use my own buttons also
We prefer to stay conservative. Help & Manual allows you to leave the conservative path but on your own risk. No warranties of any kind for the little tricks we applied to the online help of Help & Manual! The non-scrolling header, for instance, might fail with particular versions of MSIE on some operating systems. Tim could tell tales about that...
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH