Adding interface for scanner and cameras

This section is for suggesting features and capabilities that you would like to see in Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

waldemar.hersacher

Adding interface for scanner and cameras

Unread post by waldemar.hersacher »

I would like to have a interface for scanner and cameras.

For scanners there is a standard interface called Twain to get scanned images. There should be no technological problem to implement this.

For cameras I'm not sure if there is a standard interface. My Win XP SP2 has a build in interface which allowed me to download pictures from a Canon EOS 20D without installing any drivers. Maybe the camera was just simulating a scanner.

This would simplify my workflow because sometimes I have to document and comment handwritten material which is either scanned when having some paper or photos from a scetch board*.

*Don't know how it's called in english. I mean those boards mounted on the wall where you can write on and when you are ready you wipe it out after taking a photo of it.
Waldemar
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Waldemar,

They're usually called "whiteboards" in English. Sometimes they're also known as dry-erase or dry-wipe boards.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.