Remove empty line on callouts

This section is for suggesting features and capabilities that you would like to see in Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

waldemar.hersacher

Remove empty line on callouts

Unread post by waldemar.hersacher »

I have some difficulties with the callout.

After editing the callout text there is always a return inserted generating an empty line below the text.

It is impossible to make the callout a litte bit larger to get more space between the border and the text. The text will not get vertically centered.

Please remove the adding of the line break.
Please add the option for vertical alignment as it is now with the horizontal alignment.
Waldemar
Martin Wynne

Re: Remove empty line on callouts

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

waldemar.hersacher wrote:I have some difficulties with the callout.
Hi Waldemar,

Have you considered leaving the callout text blank, and overlaying the text as a separate text object? This gives you a lot more control over the alignment of the text with its margin and offset settings, and the word-wrap option.

There are also other advantages -- you can have full anti-aliasing on the callout outline for ultra-smooth ellipses and round corners, but without blurred text. And if you want the text to run vertically or at an angle across the callout, it can. You can also add shadow effects to the text.

regards,

Martin.
waldemar.hersacher

Unread post by waldemar.hersacher »

Dear Martin,

I searched the forum for callout and have seen some tricks and tips. Even that one with the table and the background picture allowing to have the text translatable.

For this project translation and visual effects aren't needed. Just typing the text and having it vertical and horizontal centered would speed up my work. I put the callouts on a scanned handwritten document from one of my customers so design is the last point to look for.
Waldemar