"Make All Invisible" command on Objects List

This section is for suggesting features and capabilities that you would like to see in Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

jeffbronks

"Make All Invisible" command on Objects List

Unread post by jeffbronks »

This is a suggested workaround for the problem "Impict copies bitmap to clipboard including unwanted objects" that I reported yesterday.

If it's not going to be possible to copy a single object (say a screen shot) to the clipboard as a bitmap, then I'd like some other way to get a bitmap out of Impict without having to disable all other objects one by one in the Objects List. With a complex drawing, this can take a long time.

The best solution I can think of is a pair of new commands: "Make All Visible" and "Make All Invisible". You first do a "Make All Invisible", then set the screen shot to visible. Now you can copy and paste the screen shot to your favourite image editor, edit it, paste it back in to Impict, then do a "Make All Visible" to get back to where you started.

Variations on this idea are a single "Invert Visibility of all Objects" command, or a button that toggles between "all visible" and "all invisible".
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Jeff,

Apparently this would be more complex to implement than you might imagine and would probably also disable some other valuable functions. There is a simple workaround, however:
  1. Select the object in the Object List
  2. Press Ctrl+C to copy, then select Edit > Paste New Image
  3. Press Ctrl+C again and you have a "clean" copy in the clipboard.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
jeffbronks

Unread post by jeffbronks »

Yes, that does exactly what I want. It even has the added benefit of delivering the full-sized bitmap to the clipboard, even if the Impict object was a scaled-down version.

Thanks Tim!