Link to main H&M site?

This section is for questions relating to using the forum. Announcements on updates and any issues with the forum software may also be posted here occasionally.

Moderator: Tim Green

Tim Frost

Link to main H&M site?

Unread post by Tim Frost »

I recall that there used to be a link from the forums to the main H&M site, which I would occasionally find useful, because only the forum is in my browser 'speed dials'. Is it a deliberate decision to remove it (or to make it too hard for me to find)?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Link to main H&M site?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tim,

This is a result of the forum software update, as a part of which the forum was switched to the standard phpBB layout and templates. The phpBB system only allows the logo in the forum header to be linked to the main URL of on the same site as the forum without problems and the HM page is on a different site. Theoretically I could add it somewhere else but I'm no longer making changes to the forum software code because that always causes problems with forum updates. In the past I added a number of modifications, which were a nightmare to manage.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.