Opera 8 good "forum editor"

This section is for questions relating to using the forum. Announcements on updates and any issues with the forum software may also be posted here occasionally.

Moderator: Tim Green

Tim Green
Site Admin

Opera 8 good "forum editor"

Unread post by Tim Green »

I just switched to Opera 8 for viewing and posting messages on the H&M Forum and so far I can recommend it highly. It offers the security of Firefox and Mozilla and handles the editing window just as smoothly as Internet Explorer.

When you post messages on the forum you may have noticed that Firefox and other Gecko-based browsers like Mozilla and Netscape have some annoying quirks when you are posting and editing messages on the forum. They always insert emoticons (smilies) and other tags (bold, italic etc.) at the end of your post, no matter where the cursor is in the edit window. In addition to this these browsers also do an annoying "jump" to the end of the message when you are applying properties like bold, code or quote to selected text.

Opera 8 has none of these problems and also appears to be quite a lot faster than Firefox and Mozilla. You may want to give it a try if you're looking to a safe alternative to Internet Explorer: http://www.opera.com
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.