TEMPORARY SERVER PROBLEMS

This section is for questions relating to using the forum. Announcements on updates and any issues with the forum software may also be posted here occasionally.

Moderator: Tim Green

Tim Green
Site Admin

TEMPORARY SERVER PROBLEMS

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi All

It seems that my hoster is still finalizing the move to a new computer center, which is causing sporadic problems on the forum. Among other things you may occasionally get a message like "cannot connect to database" when you try to post a message. You can usually solve this by clicking on the "Back" button in your browser and then selecting "Submit" again.

Sorry about this, but the problem should be cleared up in a couple of days. The integrity of the forum itself is not at risk, I have incremental backups and even if disaster strikes I will not lose more than a couple of hours of postings... :roll:
Last edited by Tim Green on Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

As many have probably noticed, the server problems have been plaguing us again the last couple of days. Apparently it is due to the hoster switching to a new Linux distribution at the same time as moving to a new computer center -- they are now using RedHat, and it seems that the teething troubles are not yet all ironed out.

My experience with this hoster has otherwise been excellent, however. There service is very good and fast, and I am confident that they will soon get the server back on an even keel. At the moment everything seems to be running fine again.

Sorry for any inconvenience! :roll:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.