Changes in Announcements and Tutorials

This section is for questions relating to using the forum. Announcements on updates and any issues with the forum software may also be posted here occasionally.

Moderator: Tim Green

Tim Green
Site Admin

Changes in Announcements and Tutorials

Unread post by Tim Green »

I have changed the access permissions in the Announcements (this forum) and Tutorials & Guides sections:

Previously, these sections could be read by all but only moderators and admins could post to them. On consideration I think that these restrictions were a little extreme, particularly in view of the high quality of our forum membership. 8)

It now works like this in both forums:
  • Announcements and Sticky messages can still only be posted by moderators and admins. (These both always move to the top of the list, and announcements have a higher priority than sticky messages.)
  • Everyone can reply to any kind of messages in these sections, so that forum members can comment on announcements or tutorials.
  • Everyone can now add normal postings. This makes it possible for forum members to post their own announcements and tutorials.
Difference between Tips & Tricks and Tutorials & Guides:

Basically, Tips & Tricks is for quick fixes and clever hacks, Tutorials & Guides is for longer tutorials. There will obviously be some overlap in the grey zone, but I think that everyone will pretty much know the difference. :wink:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.