Remember Me not working with new host?

This section is for questions relating to using the forum. Announcements on updates and any issues with the forum software may also be posted here occasionally.

Moderator: Tim Green

Van Swofford

Remember Me not working with new host?

Unread post by Van Swofford »

Hi Tim,

Since the change this weekend, I'm having to log on each time I check the forum. I've checked the Remember Me button, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Cheers,
Van
"Half of what I say is meaningless..." -- John Lennon
"Your job is to figure out which half" -- Van Swofford
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Van,

This and quite a few other things don't work at the moment. For example clicking on links to specific forum topics doesn't work. Although the files and the database are on the new host the actual domain transfer hasn't been made yet because the old provider screwed up royally, making the transfer over the weekend impossible. Because of that the forum is being accessed with a frame redirect from the old site, and this brings quite a lot of restrictions.

The domain transfer application has now been accepted and you can expect this to lead to further suprises in the next day or so. There will probably be a "dead point" when the forum is not available at all for a while and then there will be a period when you will get a lot of error messages. This will happen when the domain points to the new forum but the settings in the forum software are still configured for the temporary domain I had to set up to get things working at all. With a bit of luck it won't happen while I'm asleep so that this period will be as short as possible.

The same applies to new registrations -- I've disabled them for the moment because there is too much risk of snafus while the email accounts are getting transferred from one server to the next.

Once everything is working properly I'll post an announcement. After that you will probably have to delete your old cookies to get "Remember Me" to work correctly again but at the moment I don't think it would help.

Sorry for the inconvenience -- I thought I had it all scheduled perfectly for the weekend and then the old provider threw me a double whammy... :evil:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Van Swofford

Unread post by Van Swofford »

Thanks Tim. I suspected it was related to the move and just wanted to let you know in case it hadn't been reported. I didn't realize the transfer was still a work in progress. :oops: I understand how these things go with unplanned gotchas right in the middle of a well planned operation. The good news is, you live in a place where when it's all over you can go to a nice place to have a beer and celebrate. :D

Cheers!
Van
"Half of what I say is meaningless..." -- John Lennon
"Your job is to figure out which half" -- Van Swofford