Search by date?

This section is for questions relating to using the forum. Announcements on updates and any issues with the forum software may also be posted here occasionally.

Moderator: Tim Green

Dean Whitlock

Search by date?

Unread post by Dean Whitlock »

I inadvertantly logged out before reading all of the new posts on the Topics since last login page. I couldn't see any way to recreate that list on the Search page. Is there a way to search for topics by date of posting?

Thanks,
Dean
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Dean,

No, this is one of the limitations of searching in the phpBB forum software -- actually in pretty much all forum software as far as I know. But on the Home page there is a list of all the most recent posts -- that's why I added that feature.
Martin Wynne

Re: Search by date?

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Dean Whitlock wrote:Is there a way to search for topics by date of posting?
Hi Dean,

Have you tried reading the forums via the RSS feed? Your feed reader will sort messages by date or category (forum), and show you which ones you have read. You can also have a popup message on your screen when new messages are posted, instead of having to visit the forums to check.

Unlike many sites, Tim puts the entire message in the feed. So you need to visit the forum web site only to see attachments, or to reply.

Feed Demon is the best RSS reader, or for a free one try Abilon.

Martin.
Dean Whitlock

Unread post by Dean Whitlock »

Hi Martin,

I'm a bit restricted as to what I can add to my workstation here (company policy, budget misers, and all that), but I will ask about getting Abilon for a trial run. Thanks for the suggestion.

Tim,

I did notice the list on the Home page eventually (hidden in plain sight :roll: ). A very thoughtful addition, thanks.

Dean