Hotspot doesn't work

This section is for questions relating to using the forum. Announcements on updates and any issues with the forum software may also be posted here occasionally.

Moderator: Tim Green

Eveline

Hotspot doesn't work

Unread post by Eveline »

Hi,

I am using Help and Manual 5. I would like to insert hotspots that are related to an external file or a topic ID different from the one the picture is on. But it doesn't work.
When I reopen the hotspot the name of the topic ID is always gone.
I can only insert hotspot who are related to anchor on the same page as the image is standing.
Can you help me?

Regards
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Hotspot doesn't work

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Eveline,

This is a known issue, you just need to download the latest version and update your Help & Manual installation:

http://www.ec-software.com/downloads.html

This is actually just a cosmetic bug, the reference isn't displayed when you reopen the hotspot editor but the hotspots still work. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Eveline

Unread post by Eveline »

Hi,

I do not have a problem with "the cosmetic bug"
If you click on the hotspot you get the message that he cannot show the webpage.
Only hotspots refering to a location on the same page work.

Best regards,
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Eveline,

Then you have probably entered the links incorrectly, but please make sure you are using the current version of Help & Manual first, otherwise you will have the problem with the name of the topic ID not being visible when you edit the hotspot the next time.

What exactly are you trying to link to and how are you doing it? We need to know this information in order to be able to figure out where the error is.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.