Clipboard Format

With the release of TNT v. 2.0 the EC Software screenshot program has become a serious application in its own right, so it was high time that it was given its own forum!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

SteveBarnett

Clipboard Format

Unread post by SteveBarnett »

Is there any way I can control the format that TNT uses when I copy a screen shot to the clipboard?

I've been using TNT to help create documentation in Word and find that the images I get in Word are all 24bit bitmaps. Given that most only need to be 256 colours at the most, I would like to be able to drop the colour depth or to be able to copy the screen shot as a GIF image. I just can't see an option to do this... is there one?

I'd rather not save the screen shots as files if I can get away without doing so, as they only need to exist in the Word document.

Thanks
Steve
Martin Wynne

Re: Clipboard Format

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

SteveBarnett wrote:Is there any way I can control the format that TNT uses when I copy a screen shot to the clipboard?
Hi Steve,

In TNT, click the Edit > Copy (Reduced Colours) menu item
to reduce to an 8-bit (256 colours) bitmap on the clipboard.

Martin.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Note that this function is only available as of TNT version 2.x ... If you have an earlier version you must save in a format with fewer colors and then load it into Word from the saved file. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
SteveBarnett

Re: Clipboard Format

Unread post by SteveBarnett »

Martin Wynne wrote:click the Edit > Copy (Reduced Colours) menu item
Thanks for this, I was looking at the image menu for options to reduce colours and using the icons to copy/paste. Never occurred to me to check the Edit menu.