Shape tool transparent background issue

With the release of TNT v. 2.0 the EC Software screenshot program has become a serious application in its own right, so it was high time that it was given its own forum!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Joe Berry

Shape tool transparent background issue

Unread post by Joe Berry »

I added a circle shape to an image, applied a border thickness of 4 points, applied a fill color, and I appled the transparency setting. However, I noticed the whole circular object goes transparent. Is there a way to ONLY make the circle object's fill color transparent without effecting the circle object's border color?

Thanks!
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Joe,

For a completely transparent fill you just deselect the [ ] Shape is Filled checkbox in the Shape Style tab of the shape object tool dialog -- but you probably know that already.

To create a partially transparent fill with a non-transparent border you need to cheat a bit. First create your partially transparent object with the partially transparent border and merge it with the background. Then create a second object and turn off both transparency and the fill. Then drag it and use the resize handles to adjust it so that it is exactly on top of the first object and then merge with the background. Voilá!

Tips: Use the cursor keys to move the object 1 pixel at a time and SHIFT + Cursor keys to resize it one pixel at a time. For more complex objects you also might want to try working with Impict, which allows you to have multiple layers of objects instead of just the background and one active object.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Joe Berry

Unread post by Joe Berry »

Thanks Tim. I appreciate it.