Something's amiss with my TNT!

With the release of TNT v. 2.0 the EC Software screenshot program has become a serious application in its own right, so it was high time that it was given its own forum!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Julie

Something's amiss with my TNT!

Unread post by Julie »

So this afternoon I was taking screenshots, some of which I had to use the pencil tool to edit. After a bit, TNT started giving me a message: "Undo information can not be saved." I figured it had something to do with the memory on my computer, and I wasn't worried about undoing anything, so I continued on. When I went to make more screen shots later, TNT behaved normally at first, but after I did a CTRL-Click , the TNT window would reappear on my screen as if it was going to display my new image for saving, but the captured image would never appear.

Also, when I go to File, then click Open and select an image, TNT does not display the picture I selected (or anything else for that matter).

Any thoughts, suggestions or ideas?

Edit - Oh -I've also restarted the computer twice, but to no avail.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Julie,

Sorry not to have answered this one sooner. The problem is, I don't have the slightest idea what could be the problem. I passed the question on to EC but it wasn't familiar to them either.

I can only suggest two possibilities: Since TNT is very dependent on your graphics card driver you may be able to solve the problem by updating or reinstalling your driver. You might also want to try uninstalling and reinstalling TNT itself.

Failing that, I can only suggest that you contact EC support directly at support AT ec-software.com.

Sorry not to be of more help but I'm stumped on this one myself -- but I don't want you to get the feeling that your issues are being ignored!

Have a nice weekend! :D
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Julie

Unread post by Julie »

Thanks for replying Tim! :)

Actually, I think I finally have the issue resolved. I was working on some non-H&M work this morning and kept getting messages that I didn't have enough space to open particular programs. I re-partitioned my hard drive and allowed myself another 3 gigs of space. Everything seems to be running much more smoothly and more quickly now, plus TNT seems back to its old self too.

Perhaps the wish list board would be a better place to put this, but it would be nice if the program could prompt us when it's having difficulties due to lack of disk space or memory. This was the first program to show the effects of my limited space, but it's the only program that didn't tell me why it was having issues.

Still extremely happy with my H&M and TNT though! Miles above the other program my company had for help files before.

Thanks again and you have a lovely weekend, too!