Screenshot - color problem !

With the release of TNT v. 2.0 the EC Software screenshot program has become a serious application in its own right, so it was high time that it was given its own forum!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

matthias

Screenshot - color problem !

Unread post by matthias »

Hi,

I have added a couple of screenshots to my topics using the integrated T.N.T. screenshoot tool. All screenshots are saved as "Grayscale bitmaps".
When I print those topics or the whole output file with a color printer then all the Graycale images appear -not- in gray as it should but with a pink/red/gray color mix instead.

That only happens when using a color printer. When I print those topics with a none-color printer it is OK.

Did I do anything wrong and how can I solve that problem, so even with a color printer those screenshots appear in gray and not in a pink/red/gray color mix. Hopefuly I don`t have to create all screenshots again.

Thanks in advance,
Matthias Jensen
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

There's no problem with your images, it's a printer setting issue. I just checked the greyscale output of TNT and it really is 256 greyscales, not 256 colors emulating a greyscale.

The problem is that some color printers, particularly older Hewlett-Packard models, don't have a genuine greyscale mode. They just mix colors to emulate grey, and they often don't do it very well.

Generally, however, there is a switch in the printer settings with which you can tell the printer to use only the black cartridge. When you select Print in H&M click on the Printer button, then select Properties to disply the configuration dialog for your printer. In one of the tabs there you will probably find a setting to define B&W or color printing. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.