Layers in TNT graphics?

With the release of TNT v. 2.0 the EC Software screenshot program has become a serious application in its own right, so it was high time that it was given its own forum!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

jbooth

Layers in TNT graphics?

Unread post by jbooth »

I'm working with TNT graphics, and for the moment, have put bubbles in various areas of a graphic. They have provisional content. Is there a way to save the graphic and then later, if needed, modify the bubble content? What I'm looking for is some way to make temporary modifications to a graphic which can be further modified or deleted after a graphic has been stored.

So far, it seems that once I store a TNT graphic, everything gets stored permanently together.

My idea is sort of or iented on what one can do in a Viso graphic: use layers.

Thanks for any help here. I've looke in the help files, but I didn't locate anything on this in them or this forum. If I missed a spot, please let me know!

-- John
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi John,

TNT doesn't support layers so as soon as you click outside an object or add another object the current object is merged with the background. Its editing functions are really designed for making quick additions to a screenshot on the fly.

Layers are supported by Impict, the screenshot editing application that is bundled with Help & Manual. On the downside, Impict doesn't have the paint functions that TNT has. I generally make quick shots that I know I'm never going to have to edit again with TNT, but I use Impict for more complex arrangements. Impict also has a file format called .IPP with which you can save the images with layers for later editing -- for example you can replace the background of a complex screenshot full of callouts if the appearance of the program changes, and then you don't have to rebuild everything.

In the future EC plans to produce a new application that combines all the best features of both TNT and Impict but there is no roadmap for when this is going to happen yet.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
jbooth

Unread post by jbooth »

Thanks for the response! And I'll check inpict out.

-- John