paste into Outlook Express

With the release of TNT v. 2.0 the EC Software screenshot program has become a serious application in its own right, so it was high time that it was given its own forum!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

TimeWriter

paste into Outlook Express

Unread post by TimeWriter »

Until today I was under the impression that one could not paste a bitmap from the clipboard in Outlook Express.

Today I disoverred that if you copy a bitmap to the clipboard from Microsoft InternetExplorer it is placed on the clipboard in such a format that you can paste it (as a bitmap) in Outlook Express. (just go with you mouse above a bitmap, Right-click-menu -> Copy.

Could TNT please be changed in such a way that it produces Outlook-Express-Compatable clipboard-content?

Regards, a happy (daily) user.

Rinse
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

TNT puts a device dependent bitmap onto the clipboard if you copy any content from TNT. There isn't much which TNT could do more about this than putting a bitmap onto the clipboard. This is what almost all graphics editors do if you copy content from an image.
I rather assume that OE has a limitation here and only pastes HTML code (which would explain that it can paste from MSIE). But we don't know exactly what OE seeks on the clipboard... :?

Can you paste other bitmaps (from another graphics editor) in OE?
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
TimeWriter

Unread post by TimeWriter »

Alexander Halser wrote:TNT puts a device dependent bitmap onto the clipboard if you copy any content from TNT. There isn't much which TNT could do more about this than putting a bitmap onto the clipboard. This is what almost all graphics editors do if you copy content from an image.

Can you paste other bitmaps (from another graphics editor) in OE?
No, OE does not accept bitmaps from the clipboard. Wich would make it rather unique that TNT would be capable of doing so ;-)
Alexander Halser wrote: I rather assume that OE has a limitation here and only pastes HTML code (which would explain that it can paste from MSIE).
Correct, MSIE does copy a HTML-fragment on the clipboard.
Alexander Halser wrote: But we don't know exactly what OE seeks on the clipboard... :?
It must be something like HTML. OE is capable of embedding bitmaps in the message.

For example: I open a HTML-page in my browser. In that page there is an image wich links to a local file. I copy the image to the clipboard (right click), and paste it into OE. The image is now visible in OE. If i send that message to someone else, the message does containt that image, so OE has converted the link to a local file into an embedded picture.

I understand that copy and paste in some HTML syntax is not something one would expect from a bitmap oriented tool like TNT. On the other hand, TNT is much used as a tool for helpdesk employees, they sure would be very happy with such a feature.

regards,

Rinse