TNT Help Error Messages

With the release of TNT v. 2.0 the EC Software screenshot program has become a serious application in its own right, so it was high time that it was given its own forum!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Roger Rines

TNT Help Error Messages

Unread post by Roger Rines »

I'm a new purchaser of TNT and found a need to roam around in the Help file for information, but I found I was running into error messages instead of the topics that the links referenced.

If you start here:

You'll get to this location:

However if you click on the links bounded within the box, you'll get this message:

and you'll get this message:

Reinstalling the program doesn't seem to have solved the issue.

Any Ideas?
Roger...
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Roger,

the relative path to the help seems not to work in this case. I am not sure what causes this but it should be fixed if you search for the help file: when the first error message occurs, click "yes" to locate the file. In the open dialog, locate the file "tnt.hlp" which must be in the TNT application folder. Once you did this, Windows remembers the help file location and will find it in subsequent help calls.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
Roger Rines

Unread post by Roger Rines »

Hello Alex,
Thanks for responding.

You are right about the path being found if I searched for it, and that has now happened. Now when those links are used the missing popup images appear.

In correcting the linking path error this morning I can't help but wonder why Tnt.hlp is using a relative path, especially one that doesn't seem to be a proper relative link, to access one of the popup images from within its own Help file compile.

Is there any chance that the links in this area didn't get updated from a different process used earlier?
Roger...