Capture semitransparent forms

With the release of TNT v. 2.0 the EC Software screenshot program has become a serious application in its own right, so it was high time that it was given its own forum!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

anders_g

Capture semitransparent forms

Unread post by anders_g »

In our application we use TAdvAlertWindow from TMSSoftware to inform customers on certain events. When I want to capture a picture for the manual, the alertwindow completely disappears from the picture. My guess is that this has something to do with the alphablending used by the component. Am I right and is there anything I can do in TNT to make it work?
Anders Gustavsson
Lund, Sweden
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Anders,

Try using the "Free Region" option, does this work? This option actually makes a capture of the entire computer screen in the moment you select it, displays this screen image and allows you to cut a piece out of it with the selection tool. If it is "capturable" it should be possible with this method. Alpha Blending should not really be a problem unless the image is in an overlay and not actually in the video memory.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
anders_g

Unread post by anders_g »

Unfortunately, no, the "free region" doesn't work at all. That might be something special - the advAlertWindow is completely hidden the very moment I press the PrintScreen button. Tried it with lots of combinations of positioning the mouse pointer, pressing ctrl key and so on...

Thanks for the suggestion anyway!

Anders
Anders Gustavsson
Lund, Sweden
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Anders,

What is probably happening is that any event, including the event initiated to make the capture, is clearing the alert box from the screen before the capture is made.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.