TNT: black lines on screenshots

With the release of TNT v. 2.0 the EC Software screenshot program has become a serious application in its own right, so it was high time that it was given its own forum!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Winsteps

TNT: black lines on screenshots

Unread post by Winsteps »

TNT worked fine on my old LCD monitor, but on my new, much higher definition LCD monitor it produces black lines with "Free Region" option. Any suggestions how to avoid this? Computer is PC-compatible with Windows XP and 2GB memory. TNT version 2.1.0 Build 383. Monitor is Hanns-G HG216D HDMI. Example screenshot attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

You have an outdated version of TNT, the current version is 2.1.0 Build 370. To download this you need the link, password and username included in the mail you received when you purchased TNT. If you don't still have these please contact EC Software support and they will send you the information.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Winsteps

Thanks, Tim.

Downloaded and installed Build 370 (odd that the builds count down!)

But it has the same problem .... :-(
Tim Green
Site Admin

The 383 build was a test version that was put online accidentally very briefly, it actually contains a couple of errors. I seem to remember an issue like this cropping up once but I know longer know exactly what caused it, I'm going to check back with the developers.

In the meantime, try checking your display color settings and increase them to 24 or 32 bit resolution if possible, that may help.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Winsteps

Thanks again, Tim.
The black lines do not happen for fixed regions.
The black lines appear while dragging the rectangle to select a free region.
If I could turn off "drawing the rectangle" until I release the left mouse button then there would probably be no problem.
Winsteps

Work-around for "black line" problem (if you have it):
To avoid black lines on your screen and in the TNT copy of it, always start dragging "free region" box from the top-left or bottom-left corner, not from the top-right or bottom-right corner.
Tim Green
Site Admin

We've done everything we can in the development team to try to duplicate this problem but nobody can. The only thing I can think of at the moment is that you're having problems with your graphics driver. Try updating the driver if possible and see if that helps. If you have an Nvida or ATI card always get the drivers directly from Nnvida or ATI, not the "optimized" drivers from the card OEMs -- those should only be used for gaming systems and quite often cause problems on serious production machines.
Regards,

Private support: