T.N.T and WMWare

This is the place to enter suggestions and wishes for TNT, EC Software's stand-alone screenshot creation and enhancement program.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

iqo

T.N.T and WMWare

Unread post by iqo »

:idea: Oh how wonderful it would be to sit with one physical computer running several WMWare instances of different operating systems incl. some T.N.T can't be installed on and from the host-computer use all the neat features that T.N.T is capable of to capture screenshots, menus and so forth from the WMWare sessions without having to use the Free region option all the time.

Kind regards,

IQO
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

No chance. The VMWare window appears as one window. TNT on the host computer has no access to the internal window structure of the guest operating system. This won't work with any screen capture tool, except if VMWare builds its own. But in this particular case, we don't mind if you use the same TNT license on the guest OS as well. Keep TNT installed on the host and run it from the guest. You need to enter your serial number on the guest.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
iqo

WMWare and Screen Capture

Unread post by iqo »

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply. I feared this was going to be the answer to my wish, but the solution you provided works well for me.

Kind regards,

Ilánguak