It would be perfect to have these simple things changed...

This is the place to enter suggestions and wishes for TNT, EC Software's stand-alone screenshot creation and enhancement program.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

brunos

It would be perfect to have these simple things changed...

Unread post by brunos »

1/ When you finish drawing an element with the shape tool, to keep the shape tool selected for the next element, and not to revert automatically to the selection tool.

2/ To have a proper line, rectangle and ellipse tools instead of common tool.

3/ To be able to set lines and arrows inclination in finer steps

4/ To have OK as default button in the Picture resize dialog box. As for now, when one changes the dimensions and presses Enter, nothing happens.

5/ To have TNT remember the last saved picture name and to offer it instead of fixed prefix.

Regards,
Bruno
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: It would be perfect to have these simple things changed.

Unread post by Tim Green »

Bruno,
brunos wrote:3/ To be able to set lines and arrows inclination in finer steps
This is already possible. You can set the inclination of lines and arrows in single-pixel steps. The only thing you need to know is that the dial control in the line/arrow dialog box only sets the general orientation of the object. To adjust the precise orientation of the line/arrow you must use the resize handles of the bounding frame around the object after you insert it.

For detailed instructions select [Help] in the line/arrow dialog box.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
brunos

Unread post by brunos »

Thanks Tim, for the reply. Anyway, in my case, it doesn't work very well. Look at the attachment for the result: the arrow didn't change the direction, but it was simply cropped from one side. What I'm doing wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Bruno,

When you use the direction dial you have eight possible directions. You should choose a starting direction that is as close as possible to your final result, so that you don't have to move outside that "quadrant" when fine-adjusting the arrow with the resize handles.

However, in your example you are trying to create an arrow that is pointing very slightly to the left or right of vertical. This is a problem because its head gets clipped by the edge of the bounding box when you try to push it in to such a narrow angle. The only thing you can do here is to arrange your layout so that your arrow can be at a slightly steeper angle - and perhaps post another request to the Wish List section... 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
brunos

Unread post by brunos »

Tim,

I acknowledge that TNT has many bells and whistles not found anywhere else, and I love it, but some basic functionalities are, to say it simply, a bit weird.

Perhaps I'm simply spoiled with the tools, which Microsoft Office made as 'industrial standard'. No problems with arrows in MS Office :lol:

I can definitely live with limited arrows and lines, but I taught there's space for an improvement, that's why I posted the notice in the wish list, not in bug reports.

Regards,
Bruno