Keep Objects in Saved Format

This is the place to enter suggestions and wishes for TNT, EC Software's stand-alone screenshot creation and enhancement program.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

aliddle

Keep Objects in Saved Format

Unread post by aliddle »

I am trying to put together a few images as examples of how to do certain things in our app and find that the way TNT always flattens objects as soon as you click off them is a pain in the old proverbial. I am contiually thinking of better ways to say things or point things out in the images or sometimes the placement of objects isn't quite right. Once they are flattened you can't go back and fix them. I have had to start again on some images a number of times. I did find that even though the 'Undo' function sometimes worked for objects you had just flattened, it didn't always work.

Why can't saving of TNT images save to a proprietry TNT format by default. If you wish to save in any other format, you should be warned that all objects will be flattened. This feature would be invaluable, and also allow the re-use of images for different reasons, where minor changes to objects is required.

Alan Liddle
Silliness is not a state of mind, it is a state of well-being.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Alan,

TNT is designed as a "quick fix" program to produce attractive screenshots quickly, and for technical reasons it wasn't possible to implement both the multiple layers format and provide the painting and drawing tools in a single program. If you want to produce screenshots with complex editable layers you can do this with Impict, the screenshot editing program bundled with H&M.

The disadvantage of Impict, for the same reason, is that it doesn't support the painting and drawing tools. What I often do is keep TNT or PaintShop Pro open while working in Impict. When I need to do painting or drawing work on a layer I copy it to the other program, do my work and then copy it back to the layer in Impict. This works fine... 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
aliddle

Unread post by aliddle »

Thanks again :)
Silliness is not a state of mind, it is a state of well-being.