T.N.T.Wishlist: Editing image, adding "layers" and

This is the place to enter suggestions and wishes for TNT, EC Software's stand-alone screenshot creation and enhancement program.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

shnar

T.N.T.Wishlist: Editing image, adding "layers" and

Unread post by shnar »

I hope this is the right board to post this, but I have a couple wishes for T.N.T:

Applying effects after screenshot.
The effects that T.N.T. can apply to a screenshot are great, however it's a tad bit annoying to have to know what effects you want before you take the screenshot. It would be very nice to take a simple screenshot, then change the effects after-the-fact.

Adding Text Captions
I use Photoshop for a lot of my image editing, however after using T.N.T. for just a day, I see myself using it for all my Screenshot editing. There's only a couple things missing that will make me move back to Photoshop. The biggest is the ability to add a Text caption in a "layer", with maybe a "line" pointing to the underlying image. This feature should be explicit for Text with a Line. Would really be nice too to be able to keep the layers separate, for reediting if needed later, then "compile" the image when saving.

Bubble shots
The last thing I find myself doing often with Screenshots is creating a "bubble" section. Basically, creating a round, ellipsis section of a screen, shrinking and blurring the rest of the image. Help&Man has a lot of these types of screenshots in their docs, and if T.N.T. could do that with a click of a button (as opposed to a hefty amount of work in Photoshop), my life would be made a lot easier.

-shnar
John Smith

Unread post by John Smith »

I do not know much about T.N.T. compared to Impact, but you may find most of the effects you require exist in impact.

Quote---
Applying effects after screenshot.
The effects that T.N.T. can apply to a screenshot are great, however it's a tad bit annoying to have to know what effects you want before you take the screenshot. It would be very nice to take a simple screenshot, then change the effects after-the-fact.
----

Maybe slightly tedious, but not much

Take snapshot - "no effects"
Save
right click image,choose image, edit with Impact
do effects
save
close impact
right click image in H&M, choose image, Reload
done.

Yes it would be nice when taking a snapshot, choose for the image to be directed to Impact or T.N.T, and when finished with effects, choose a "Save and Reload for H&M" within T.N.T. or Impact.

Would like the bubble idea for Impact.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

The bubbles (or "callouts") are already on the wish list for Impict, as well as lines and arrows. We hope to implement callouts in the next update in two weeks. Lines will be implemented by sure.

Please use Impict to apply image effects after the screen shot. T.N.T with this editing capabilities would be nothing else then Impict, the image editor that comes with Help & Manual.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
shnar

Unread post by shnar »

Well, that's the whole point, I think. I picture T.N.T. as the application I should use for all my Screen capturing needs. Especially if T.N.T. is marketed as a (potentially) separate product, it really should have the Impict functionality.

Mind you, I don't know the code behind the two programs, but I'd personally like to see the two merdged together, with the marketing angle that the one product is the end-all for your screen capturing needs. It's not necessarily an image editing tool, but rather a powerful and simple screen capturing tool. It has built in, one-click features for creating captions, bubbles, zoom/fuzzy sections, etc. All of these things I can do manually in Photoshop, but it's tedious. If this one product could do it for me with a simple click, then boom, I'm set.

-shnar

P.S. Forgot to ask, if I take a simple screenshot with no shadow, then try to add a shadow in Impict, it doesn't show up. I'm assuming it's due to the size of the image (i.e. the shadow is outside the borders of the image), but shouldn't dropping a shadow change the canvas size to accomodate this?
shnar

T.N.T. 2! Yeah!

Unread post by shnar »

Congrats on the update to T.N.T., making TNT be what I think it should have been from the ground up, a ScreenCapture tool to handle all your ScreenCapture needs. Now I don't have to switch to Impict to do the image work I want to do w/TNT. Heck, you should even start marketing this separate from Help&Man.

-shnar
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Thank you for the kudos! :D
We will start marketing TNT as a separate application. This is already in the works. It is too good to be just a tiny add-on.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH