Shape incorrectly sized when narrow

This is the place to enter suggestions and wishes for TNT, EC Software's stand-alone screenshot creation and enhancement program.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Winsteps

Shape incorrectly sized when narrow

Unread post by Winsteps »

Minor, but annoying, bug in TNT 2.1.0 build 370:

If the Shape is drawn very narrow, it displays too wide. So then I have to manually resize it:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

TNT 2 does nor really have a drawing function for shapes, anything you "drag" before opening the shape dialog is just an approximation. The actual sizing has to be done after insertion. This is one of the things on the list for improvement for the next version, which will probably merge the capabilities of Impict and TNT. (And no, there is no projected date yet.... 8) )
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Winsteps

Thanks, Tim. Every other Shape "approximation" is good enough for me - except this one.
Winsteps

Oops! Tim, looks like a misunderstanding

The "Shapes" are in the top right corner, let me be more explicit here ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

That's exactly what I mean. The sequence is
  1. Select tool
  2. Click or drag
  3. Make entries in dialog that appears automatically
  4. Adjust size after closing dialog
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Winsteps

OK, we are "on the same page", Tim.

It is annoying that very small boxes jump bigger. Sure looks like a bug to me ....

But I am grateful that bigger boxes stay the size they are initially drawn. I have so many boxes to draw .......

It would also be nice to change the default box shape. All mine are rectangles with rounded corners ... yet more mouse clicks.