"What's this?" with Delphi's HtmlHelpViewer?

This section is for programmers. Please use it for all discussons on interfacing help with your applications and related subjects.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Michael Schwarzl

Ekkehart

"What's this?" with Delphi's HtmlHelpViewer?

Unread post by Ekkehart »

Hi,

til now I use HTML-Help (*.chm) with the EHS Help Suite and it's perfect "What's this?" features. After installing Delphi XE2 I tried to skip from EHS to the Delphi HtmlHelpViewer, but I cannot figure out how to get "What's this?" running.

Direct calls using Application.HelpContext(123) are running well, but using the question mark cursor and clicking on a component with a HelpContext number opens the help viewer with the start page, not the hint window at the component showing the plain text according the HelpContext number. I cannot see, how to tell the HtmlHelpViewer the name of the plain text file CSHelp.txt inside the CHM file, so the system cannot know the right way.

May be, HtmlHelViewer has no "What's this?" feature. Or has anyone an idea, how to do? Thanks for any help.

Ekkehart v. Renesse
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: "What's this?" with Delphi's HtmlHelpViewer?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ekkehart,

You no longer need EHS in Delphi 2005 and later. Delphi now has full support for making calls to CHM help files built in. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ekkehart

Hi Tim,

yes, but my problem is, that I don't know how to get the "What's this" functions running using only Delphi functions. Please read my initial post once more.

Ekkehart v. Renesse
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ekkehard,

Sorry about that ... Delphi is not my language. I've asked Alex to have a look at your question... :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Hi Ekkehart,

The Delphi EHS components have been depricated, because the HTML Help bridge is no longer required for Delphi. However, Delphi has no direct replacement for the Whats This component. You need to implement this manually, to keep the right-click menu functionality.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
Ekkehart

Hi,

thanks for your answer. Under this circumstances I'll use the EHS Help Suite also in the future. Adapting EHS to Delphi with Unicode is easier than developing a new solution.

Thanks for your support.

Ekkehart v. Renesse