Different behaviour called from command line

This section is for programmers. Please use it for all discussons on interfacing help with your applications and related subjects.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Michael Schwarzl

Daniel Bas

Different behaviour called from command line

Unread post by Daniel Bas »

Hello,
Our build tool (Apache Ant) compiles docs as one of it's task and rely on H&M return code. If there were some warnings 'helpman.exe' exits with 3. To skip warnings and return 0 there is a program option: Skip warnings (as I found here: http://helpman.it-authoring.com/viewtop ... =22&t=9862). So I turn off this option and everything seems to be fine. But warnings are skipped when I ran compile command from command line only. Our Continuous Integration tool (Jenkins) ignores this option and continue to show warnings and return 3 code when run a compile action. Suspecting that problem could be with running Jenkins as a service. Jenkins calls H&M and it gets other program options.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Different behaviour called from command line

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Daniel,

If you are using Help & Manual 7 please check Help > About and make sure that you have build 3601. The original 3600 build posted had a problem with command line mode. However, it is also possible that you are experiencing a different issue, so please do post here again if this does not help so that we can investigate the problem.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Daniel Bas

Re: Different behaviour called from command line

Unread post by Daniel Bas »

Thanks for the prompt reply Tim!

We're using H&M 6 and we've found the solution. The cause is really in having different Program Options for different users. Initially Windows services configured to start under SYSTEM account. We simply change our Jenkins service to start under Admin account and it caught up our user settings including disabled warnings.