How do I get What's This help similar to that in Delphi?

This section is for programmers. Please use it for all discussons on interfacing help with your applications and related subjects.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Michael Schwarzl

Dedoleo

How do I get What's This help similar to that in Delphi?

Unread post by Dedoleo »

When I press F1 on a component, I want at least for the help file to open up and display a full topic rather than a little text-only pop-up window.
It would also be nice if I could have the help window open up to a topic within the help file that is not invisible.

Is this possible? And if so, then how can I accomplish this?
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Please see "All about help files in Borland Delphi":
http://www.ec-software.com/tutorial.htm
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
Dedoleo

Unread post by Dedoleo »

I have looked through the manual you linked before I made my previous post and now I have looked through it afterwards. Still, I can not find the information that I am seeking. I admit that I have not read the entire manual and I am not about to read through the entire manual when I am not sure if the information that I am looking for is even in there. Also, considering that I am unable to find the information that I am seeking through the index or other search options, I would guess that the information I am looking for is not in that manual.

Perhaps I can clarify my problem; I'll use the HelpDemo program concerning EHS as an example.

On the last tab over, Help on keywords, I am able to place my cursor in a word and press F1 to bring up a topic in the help file (just like in Delphi). Anywhere else in the program, if I press F1, I am presented with a pop up window.

I would like to be able to press F1 on a button and get a topic page in the help file, rather than a pop up window. How can I do this? Or where, exactly, can I find information concerning how to do this? If it is in the manual you linked, then please let me know where in the manual or how I can find it in the manual.

Your help here is appreciated.