Dephi 2009 and Help Problems...

This section is for programmers. Please use it for all discussons on interfacing help with your applications and related subjects.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Michael Schwarzl

PastorMic

Dephi 2009 and Help Problems...

Unread post by PastorMic »

Hi all,

Tried everything I've read here (and on Embarcadero) and still cannot see why my Delphi 2009 app will not display my help files correctly.

What makes it most confusing is that I have 3 apps in my suite of church administration software, and the main app works just fine - with both WinHelp and HTML help.

The other two apps have exactly (as far as I can tell) identical calls to the help files they use, but pressing F1 on two of the apps will not raise any help at all (I get the hourglass thing for a moment but no help). Clicking on a help button (which does have a help context number assigned) doesn't raise help either.

All apps have the ViewHTMLHelp unit in the Uses clauses of each program (and there are no other help viewers or snippets in my code anywhere), and all three programs use the same calls. I can reach help in all apps via a command on the help menu - that's the only thing that works. But no context sensitive help request via F1 or a Help Button bring up help.

Yes, I have correctly set the Application.HelpFile when the main form is activated, and yes, I've even tried setting the Form.HelpFile. Nothing seems to help.

Please! Somebody help restore my sanity!

Thanks.

Mic Thurber
Software for Ministry