Adding Appendix

This is the place to discuss Help & Manual 4 issues. Please don't post questions on any other versions here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

rfossella

Adding Appendix

Unread post by rfossella »

Can someone explain how to add an Appendix section whereby the numbering would be alpha-numeric?

e.g.
Chapter 1 xxxx
1.1 yyy
Chapter 2

Appendix
A1
A2
A3

I was trying to use the designer tool and adding another level in the TOC section but not getting that.

Any direction would be appreciated.

thanks.
Rob
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Adding Appendix

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Rob,

You don't say what output format you are using but I will hazard a guess that we are talking about PDF here. 8)

This is currently a limitation of the numbering system used in the PDF table of contents, because you can only apply numbering styles based on the TOC level. This means that you can't have different numbering styles for different entries on the same level. In the case of your example, your Appendix would be chapter 3, and its sub-sections would be 3.1, 3.2 and so on. There is no way around that at the moment, unfortunately. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
rfossella

Re: Adding Appendix

Unread post by rfossella »

Hi Tim,

Yes, it is PDF. Thank you for your prompt reply and explanation. I had gone through the online guide and wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything.

Rob