Importing MS Word RTF Files - couple of questions

This is the place to discuss Help & Manual 4 issues. Please don't post questions on any other versions here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

holmesshanea

Importing MS Word RTF Files - couple of questions

Unread post by holmesshanea »

I am importing MS Word RTF Files in H&M and I was wondering

1.) how you get URLS to work. They show up in both H&M as well as the compiled CHM files, but they are not clickable

2.) is there a way to mark words in the MS Word RTF file as key words for indexing? Or, do you have to manually do it in H&M? It would be nice to know in the future, when creating MS Word Docs that will ultimately be imported into H&M that key words can be marked some how.

3.) what abot jumps and or pop-ups. Can they be distinguished in the word file?

thanks

shane
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Importing MS Word RTF Files - couple of questions

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Shane,

Hyperlinks are currently not imported from Word files. They are highlighted so that you can re-create them in Help & Manual after importing, but you do still need to do that. The developers say that the way the link targets are created in Word is not currently possible to resolve accurately.

The same applies to keywords, jumps and popups. Jumps are hyperlinks, so same problem there. Popups come in the category of Word features that get skipped, this also includes text boxes and image boxes. Popups in Help & Manual are very different and must be implemented in separate popup files (look up popups in the help index for full details). Support for importing keywords may be added in a future release, but it's not available at the moment.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.