Dot in folder name

This is the place to discuss Help & Manual 4 issues. Please don't post questions on any other versions here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ville Aho

Dot in folder name

Unread post by Ville Aho »

When trying to compile help file that is located in path that has dot in it, there is no outputted file. After compilation it announces that the file is located at specific position but it isn't. Is there some kind of workaround for this problem? I mean other than relocating help-project to path with no dots.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Dot in folder name

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ville,

Is this a CHM file? If it is the only solution is to have a path with no special characters, spaces, non-ascii characters or dots in it. The same applies to your project names and the names of your CHM files, which must exactly match the project name from which they are compiled. The Microsoft CHM compiler is an old and creaky system that has not really been updated since it was first released with Windows 98, and it is highly allergic to all these things. :roll:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ville Aho

Re: Dot in folder name

Unread post by Ville Aho »

If someone else crumbles with this problem I can recommend using mklink command to create symbolic link (in older windows versions it was junction). Making the dotted folder path to something else makes everything work like it is supposed to.