PDF Links Not Working-Using Correct Settings

This is the place to discuss Help & Manual 4 issues. Please don't post questions on any other versions here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Kat Correa

PDF Links Not Working-Using Correct Settings

Unread post by Kat Correa »

My PDF hyperlinks to other topics are not working. My settings are Project > Project Properties > Adobe PDF Export > PDF Layout: output style is Interactive PDF document, and "PDF has active hyperlinks" is checked.

I then go to File > Print User Manual. My printer defaults to Adobe PDF, and my print options have Print Manual and PDF Export checked. I view the pdf file with Adobe Acrobat 9, but my green underlined hyperlinks don't work.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any insight.
Kat Correa

Re: PDF Links Not Working-Using Correct Settings

Unread post by Kat Correa »

It seems I need to NOT use the typical print dialogue window, but rather use File > Make Help File and Run option. Then select the output format of Adobe PDF.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: PDF Links Not Working-Using Correct Settings

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Kat,
Kat Correa wrote:It seems I need to NOT use the typical print dialogue window, but rather use File > Make Help File and Run option. Then select the output format of Adobe PDF.
That is correct. The Print option is really just for what is says, printing a paper manual. If you want to create a PDF you need to "make a file". 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.