contents in the web help is not rendered properly

This is the place to discuss Help & Manual 4 issues. Please don't post questions on any other versions here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

deepika_p

contents in the web help is not rendered properly

Unread post by deepika_p »

Hi experts out there,

I'm new to Help and manual and would be great if someone can hint me why my help file appears like below when published. (web version)
Capture.PNG
Thanks a lot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: contents in the web help is not rendered properly

Unread post by Tim Green »

You posted in the Help & Manual 4 forum. Are you really using Help & Manual 4? That has not been available for a number of years now, so it would be unusual for you to be starting now with that version. It is also possible that you may be using an outdated version of version 4. You can download the current installer for it from the link down at the BOTTOM of this page:

http://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html

If you want to try out Help & Manual 6 you can also download that from the main download link at the top of the page. The two versions will not interfere with each other and can even be run at the same time. Just don't try to install both to the same folder.

If you continue to have problems please mail a copy of the project you are publishing to WebHelp to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check it for you.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
deepika_p

Unread post by deepika_p »

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have posted in the wrong forum. My Version is 5.4.0. Sorry for the mistake.

As for the issue, I simply installed a trial version of the newest Help and Manual and compiled a html version of the same help project. It was rendered properly.

The issue was somehow solved, but I still do not know what is the reason behind the original issue.

Deepika
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Deepika,
deepika_p wrote:The issue was somehow solved, but I still do not know what is the reason behind the original issue.
There was probably something in the topic or template/skin that prevented it from being interpreted correctly as HTML, showing the source code instead. If it is now working again I wouldn't worry about it. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.