Opening weblink in a new window from Table of Contents

This is the place to discuss Help & Manual 4 issues. Please don't post questions on any other versions here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Martin Mrskos

Opening weblink in a new window from Table of Contents

Unread post by Martin Mrskos »

Hi Tim,

I can easily open weblink in a new window from navigation at the right side, no problem, because I can choose "Target window: New window".

But I face a problem when clicking at the same weblink from Table of Contents because I cannot command "new window" there:
screen1.jpg
Then there is a problem with an error message because the weblink is opened at the CHM window at the right:
screen2.jpg
Is there any solution to open weblink from the Table of Contents in a new browser window and not in the left CHM window, please?

Tim, thanks again for your help.

Martin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Opening weblink in a new window from Table of Contents

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Martin,

You posted in the Help & Manual 4 forum, so I'm assuming you're really still using that version. You can't specify the web link target in this obsolete version of Help & Manual, but it is possible in later versions. In your case you will need to place the link in the topic.

It actually makes more sense to have it in a link in a topic than in the TOC. It is not really very logical to click in the TOC and then open a web page in an external window. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.