Importing topic headers

This is the place to discuss Help & Manual 4 issues. Please don't post questions on any other versions here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Geoff Robinson

Importing topic headers

Unread post by Geoff Robinson »

I have a list of 200 topic headers in a spreadsheet. Is there any way to import these topic headers? I just want to create the headers not the body and I'm not worried about formats
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Importing topic headers

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Geoff,

What exactly do you mean by importing the topic headers in this case? Do you just want to import the text, or do you want to also create new topics based on the headers?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Geoff Robinson

Hi Tim,

I want to create new topic headers. It is a download of menu options and I want to create a new topic based on the row in the spreadsheet. I will then add the relevant text to each topic in turn

Regards

Geoff
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Geoff Robinson wrote:I want to create new topic headers. It is a download of menu options and I want to create a new topic based on the row in the spreadsheet. I will then add the relevant text to each topic in turn
You can't do this with an import operation. You need to get the entries from the spreadsheet cells in a list with one entry in each paragraph/line. Then you can use HM’s option for creating multiple topics.

To do this, select the Add Topic tool, choose the Multiple Topics option on the left in the dialog and then paste in the topic title paragraphs. A new topic will then be created for each line that you paste in.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Geoff Robinson

That worked great Tim. Saved me a lot of typing. Thanks very much

Regards

Geoff