PDF output

This is the place to discuss Help & Manual 4 issues. Please don't post questions on any other versions here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

ramya nair

PDF output

Unread post by ramya nair »

In the TOC of PDF output, for some entries extra space is automatically added. How to remove this extra space...PDF output was generated using Template Designer.
PFA the extra space highlighted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: PDF output

Unread post by Tim Green »

Check the TOC entries on all 6 levels in the Table of Contents section. Make sure that there is no extra space in the bands there and also check that the text objects in the 6 TOC bands are all anchored in the same way. "Left Top" for objects on the left side, "Right Top" for objects on the right and "Left Top Right" for objects that extend beyond the center.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
ramya nair

I Have defined only 1,2, and 3 level headings although I have many more heading levels. Is it causing the space?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

I Have defined only 1,2, and 3 level headings although I have many more heading levels. Is it causing the space?
That depends on whether the places where the additional space is are on levels lower than 3 or not. You should always define all the levels that you are actually using, and your project should not have more than the supported maximum of 6 levels. Actually, your project should really not have more than 4 levels, because it will be less accessible after that.

However, the added space is more likely to be a result of the space in your level definitions and the anchor definitions, as I explained above.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
ramya nair

Thank you, Tim. I could resolve the space issue.